VIDEO: Two homeless men are lucky to be alive today after the tent they shared went up in flames. At about 12AM, a tent at the homeless camp at Hurley Avenue & Cedarbridge Avenue caught fire, but the father and son who lived there managed to escape unharmed just before the fire consumed the tent and its contents.
The fire department quickly extinguished the fire, which officials say may have started from a candle.
EMS transported one of the men to Kimball Medical Center after complaining of chest pains. TLS-55/TLS-60/TLS-CCP.
Stay up to date via our news alerts, by sending 'follow LakewoodScoop' to the number '40404' or via Twitter handle @LakewoodScoop. Also find us on Instagram and Facebook.
Got a news tip? Email us at email@example.com, text us 415-857-2667, or tweet us @LakewoodScoop.