Search:

Police: Bangs & Vibrations Coming From Fort Dix

Feeling and hearing loud explosions at your home or office? Police say the public is not in danger and there is no need for concern. Lakewood police say the bangs are coming from the Joint Base MDL, where the Unites States Army is currently conducting bomb testing.

In January this year, the base conducted a similar operation, as reported on TLS.

There are 13 Comments to "Police: Bangs & Vibrations Coming From Fort Dix"

• lakewooder says:

it would be nice if we got a heads up

• Itsnotme says:

with all the traffic,sirens,buses,horns blowing,hitch hikers opening & closing car doors (in front of my house 24/6) ..Ican’t tell the differance.!!

• Really? says:

You just did.

• PrettyBoyFloyd says:

It would be nice if all kids were excepted into school.
    Life isn’t allways “nice”.

Shouldn’t the experiment bombs in the ocean? And not near communitys? Gosh how stupid are they?

• Josh says:

That is why I do not like driving thru Fort Dix on the way
    to Philadelphia

Lakehurst NAS has been there since 1916,,sorry number 5 they did not check with you first

It’s 10:45 and the bombs are still shaking my house. Something has to be done about this. We need to start calling and writing our congressmen.

• A New Yorker says:

There’s so much Torah in Lakewood; that there is “kolos u’brakim” (thunder & lightening explosions) simular to Har Sinai

#8 you would rather the military not practice and jeopordize your safety? The military is there to protect us and our freedom. Suck it up!

• ? says:

exactly how longer will they be conducting these ‘tests’. btw – what a coincidence that these bomb ‘tests’ are taking place just when there are hints from insiders that we may go to war with Syria.

#10, I paid a lot of money for my house, not knowing about the bombing. I have the right to peace and quiet just like everyone else does. That is the reason for noise ordinances. Most of this countries bases are not in the most populated state for its size. I suggest they do their bomb testing elsewhere. BTW.. my whole family has served in the military, this is more about being considerate.

• Joe P says:

I discovered the cause of the noise and vibrations from the NJ Turnpike Interchange Program staff — it would have been nice to receive an advisory of the test bombing. I intend to file a complaint since damage occurred to my home from the vibrations.

2 + six =