Search:

fatal 3PHOTO: [UPDATED] A motorcyclist was killed this afternoon after a crash on Cedarbridge Avenue, officials tell TLS. The crash occurred at the intersection on Cedarbridge Avenue and Arlington Avenue.

The motorcycle rider was transported to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus with CPR in progress, officials say.

He succumbed to his injuries at about 4 PM, Traffic & Safety Sergeant Frank Work confirms to TLS.

A medevac was initially requested but cancelled due to the severity of the injuries.

One other patient was treated on scene and transported to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus.

The victim was identified as David Rudy “Gee” Gaines. He was in his 40s.

fatal arlingtonGaines, a long-time Lakewood resident, was contractor for the Lakewood Inspections Department.

“He was always smiling and always had nice things to say,” Inspection Department head Mike Saccomano told TLS. “He was Just a great guy to know and talk to.”

Committeeman Steven Langert also had nothing but nice things to say about Gaines.

“He always had a smile on his face and was a really great guy to be around,” Langert said.

3An investigation is underway by Lakewood’s Traffic & Safety division.

[TLS-52]

There are 43 Comments to "UPDATED: Motorcyclist Killed in Crash on Cedarbridge Avenue; 2nd Fatal Accident in Lakewood in 24 Hours"

• ach says:

Driving in lakewood is getting hard everyday.

• Esha says:

R.i.p. Rudy

• Esha stephens from Nwk Nj says:

R.i.p. Rudy from the Stephens’ Family

• Kimberly Burton says:

R.I.P. Rudi

• Porky says:

God bless you rudy love you always. I will never forget you. Porky.

• alfred faiella says:

rip bud I will miss you you where a great guy rudy always willing to leaned a helping from knowinf from the fire dept to us becoming friends you will be deaply

• Leighann Newman says:

Rudy you were loved and are going to be missed.. RIP my friend you will never be forgotten.. until we meet again.. ♡

• jacob says:

May his soul be blessed. Motorcycles are so dangerous it’s scary. I was on scene and took pictures of the bike a long time after the accident. I took the pics to show my brother in law who recently bought a motorcycle.

The officer on scene came over to me and scrame at me to stop taking pictures and demanded i delete them on the spot. He said i am taking pics off a crime scene. Does anyone know if he was right? You can’t take a pic of a crime scene?

He also said its highly insensitive. If the party’s involved are no longer there is it Unethical to take pics?

Personally i don’t see the problem but I’m open to rebuke. Your thoughts?

• Trunise harvey says:

R.I.P. Rudy sorry your life was shortened so soon I will be keeping your family in my prayers may god bless your soul

• Regina Holmes says:

Rip Rudi You Will Truely Be Missed So Until We Met Again Keep Smiling In That Heavenly Home

• Gina says:

You will forever be missed Ru. Prayers to the family .

• Vivian Hayes-Kirkland says:

My condolences and prayers go out to the family. RIP, Rudy

• Father Fury says:

I dont know how I feel about this
    Some thing has got to change in this town
    Nothing will bring Rudy back
    But i see alot of txting and talking and reading while driving in this town
    And its really starting to get on my nerves
    Next time some one almost kills me im gonna almost kill them but in a much differant way

• Vic Grimes says:

Loss for words still in disbelief. He was a good brother and true friend. He will be missed by many. Rest easy my brother.

• TG says:

I keep hearing about all these motorcycle accidents. Many ending with fatalities or serious injuries. Is there no way to make these dangerous bicycles safer to drive on the roadways??

• marilyn says:

I’m still in disbelief. Rest in peace Rudy..My prayers are with the family.

• Tonya Taylor says:

My condolences, to the family, may God give u the strength and inner peace you all need in this time of bereavement. Continually in our prayers.

• The Yoffes says:

Rest In Peace Rudy. May your family find solace, comfort and courage to go on.

• Lassiter's family says:

Rest in peace Rudy, our condolences with the family, God bless you all.

• anonymous says:

RIP

• Long time lkwder says:

R.I.P. Rudy. You will be forever missed . Condolences to the family he was truly a great man .

• J. Belli says:

Prayers said.

• with gratitude says:

From a Orthodox neighbor on Ashley Ave.
    What a terrible loss. Rudy was always ready to help anyone in need.
    A man who always had a smile and a good word to say. Rest In Peace Rudy. May your family find solace.

• The Green Family says:

May the Gaines Family and Friends be comforted in Love, Prayers and Unity. Thank You for sharing Rudi with all. ~BLESSINGS BE

• Arlington Neighbor says:

Rudy your smile will be missed. I have only been a neighbor for 3 yrs and when I heard it brought tears to my eyes. Its amazing how everyone knew him. May the family find strength to continue on.
    We will continue using you guys to cut our lawn!!

• john says:

Rudy you were the best sorry to see you go R.I.P

• nomuh says:

May God be pleased with Rudi. You will truly be missed.

• Erin says:

Words can not express this loss. He was so much apart of my life, my sons, and my family. We will forever be in debt to you. You said it and I believed it you were heaven sent thats for sure. MyAngel#Rip until we meet again.

• Mike Romeo says:

To #8 Jacob: its a law you are not allowed to take pictures of a crime scene. If you post them on a page or put them someplace where others may see them it’s compromises the integrity of the investigation.
    Why would you want pictures of it anyway, it is a depressing scene..and horrible if family members pull up to the scene and see people snapping pictures of it…

• shug says:

You will be Truely missed rudee God bless..

• Ardeth and Alvin Scoville says:

We are deeply saddened by the news that our dear friend Rudi has passed away. We will miss him so much. He did so much for us and we are shocked and shaken by his passing. There will not be a day that we don’t think of him and his many kindnesses. Love you Rudi.

• sam dweck says:

To Mr. Fury
    Please get the facts about the accident before threatening to kill people. Was driver wearing a helmet and did he stop at the stop sign?

• Kerry says:

@# 8, 1. Yes it is still a crime scene and the only one who should be taking pictures is the police.
    2. yes it is HIGHLY insensitive
    3. How would you like it if someone starting taking pictures at an accident scene if it was you or one of your family members.

• 123 says:

Blind spot alarms should be required on all cars just like back up cameras are .

• Lakewood 101 says:

What is happening in Lakewood? So much in one weekend! Thank you Rudy for serving our town! Rest in peace!

• Nicki ? Sushi Express says:

R.I.P. Rudy!!!
    always with a happy smile!!!
    and true love to his family!!!!
    We miss u already here!!!!

• MrsIrriplacable says:

woooooow lookin at this just made my heart drop… im lost for words… i just spoke to him about two weeks ago at the bus terminal… he was trying to help me find a solution for my car… my heart goes out to his family,friends,children an co-workers… people lives are gonna b changed with this… he was a great man.. long time friend of my family… ughhhhh… i hate death…

• matthew vaughn 3rd says:

R.i.p Rudy sad to see you go from the Vaughn and Mendez family .. My condolence goes out to my #twin Derrell Harris keep your head Up make your father proud !

• Brooke jones CCTS says:

My condolences to his family and to his son derrell my friend RIP

• fran d says:

I cant stop seeing your face when I close my eyes.we had alot of memories laughing crying or just having fun we did it.it hurts so bad but I no you wouldn’t want me like this.it will always be a place in my heart for you and nobody will ever take that.rest easy my guardian angel

• Victor says:

Killed for who ?

• shirelle Sample says:

RIP brother in law you will b truely miss…shirelle

I truely speechless

• Deborah Ellis Wilson says:

Highly admired and respected(From all who knew him)…My heart and Prayer go out to his family, extended fam and friends. So sad and SCARY..as a motorcyclist myself, that folks dont look twice for us! PUT THE PHONES DOWN while driving and just be more aware of your surroundings for the safety of ALL, not just motorcyclist!!

1 × = seven