A three-year-old Toms River boy struck by a vehicle in the Catskills, was tragically Niftar.

Shmuel Gellis Z”L was reportedly riding his bicycle in a bungalow colony when he was struck by an ice cream truck.

The child was critically injured, and transported to a local hospital, where he was Niftar.

Shmuel is a son of R’ Moshe and Batsheva, who recently moved from the Coventry neighborhood in Lakewood to Toms River.

The Kevurah will be taking place at 10:30 AM Friday at the 7th Street Bais Olam.

Baruch Dayan Ha’emes.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, text us 415-857-2667, or tweet us @LakewoodScoop.

There are 22 Comments to "TRAGEDY: Three-year-old Toms River boy Niftar after being struck by vehicle [UPDATED]"

• friend says:

A horrific tragedy to wonderful parents and grandparents. May Hashem give them the strength they need at this terrible time. BDE

• Yup says:

Oy!! :(((((

• Chaim says:

A terrible terrible tragedy! Parents are the nicest and most sincere people in the world. Moish, May Hashem continue to give you the tremendous inner strength I know you have, to somehow find comfort and continue to be the amazing friend and neighbor that you are to all. BD”E

• Zalmy says:

I can’t believe this horrific tragedy. I know Moishe personally, he’s from the few sincere and genuine people around, a true בן עליה. There are no words.

• Mordy says:

Bdh so sad we have to learn how to appreciate our kids

• Berel says:

BDE so so tragic to lose such a young gem!! I’m typing with tears may HASHEM give you the energy to go through this Matzav.
    BTW although it wasn’t the drivers fault, for the safety of our Children do we really need those Ice Cream Trucks going around to each & every colony?

• Goldy says:

Baruch Dayan Ha’Emes.
    No one knows the ways of Hashem.

All we can do is try to bring zechusim to Klal Yisrael. One way is to increase shalom among Klal Yisrael. This can be accomplished by shmiras halashon and judging others favorably.

This is not easy. Therefore we need to ask Hashem to help us. I am distributing for free two laminated tefillah cards l’ilui nishmas Mindel Rivka bas Naftali, and now I will add l’ilui nishmas Shmuel ben Moshe, a”h.

The first is tefillah al hadibbur, composed by the Chofetz Chaim, zt”l, which asks Hashem to help us avoid words of falsehood, flattery, strife, anger, arrogance, hurt, embarrassment, mockery and all other forbidden forms of speech throughout our day. The second tefillah asks Hashem to help us judge others favorably and find the good in others. It was composed by R’ Nosson, zt”l, student of R’ Nachman of Breslov,zt’l, and found on the wall by Kever Rochel.

If you would like to receive these free tefillah cards, please email your full name and address to dasigoldsmith2@gmail.com

May all our efforts together bring more shalom – and more zechusim – to Klal Yisrael and to the entire world.

• Yosef says:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss, Moshei is A very special man he always invited me for shabbes and treated me like a king when I came over may HaShem be menachem him

• Mordechai says:

So so sad. No words.
    Moshe your the nicest sweetest guy, always with such an amazing smile on your face. Your smile and Simchas Hachaim is contagious! I know nothing can comfort you now, but know that we are all crying with you, and are truly sad for your loss. I have no words other than I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m crying.
    May Hash-m give you and your wife the strength to get through this very trying and hard time, and may you only know and have Simchos in your life!

• Yankel says:

Goldy – his name is Shmuel ben Moshe Eliyahu

• Judi Sargent says:

S
    I am so sorry to hear about such a terrible loss to your family. My heart is with you at this time of sorry. May Hashemi bring you comfort and peace at this time of traagedy. Much love, Judi Sargent (resident of Jackson)

• Dovid Gottlieb says:

Moshe – your yiras Shamayim is really amazing –
    Hashem should help you get through this unthinkable nisayon

• Torontonian says:

Is R Moshe Gellis from Toronto?

• Too painful says:

Our hearts are breaking for you. Such pain no one should know of. May Hashem give you the strength to be mekabel this nisayon and use the opportunity to create a kiddush Hashem like Ahron Hacohen.
    Hamakom yinachem Eschem bisoch sh’ar aveili tziyon V’rushslayim

• Too painful says:

Hamakom yinachem Eschem bisoch sh’ar aveili tziyon
    V’rushslayim

A former Coventry Resident

• woodstock says:

So sorry for your loss. I’m in tears. My son is taking his young son up there to go camping for the weekend. I always worry about these things. It can happen to anyone. My prayers are with you and your family.

• Sheila Nashofer says:

BDE, there are no words to describe the pain I feel for you and your family.
    If we as a Klal can take something from this tragedy, I would like to feel that it will be a great zchus for his neshama. There has been much talk about being “Metzapeh for the Geula” and how we are so very close to Mashiach, we just have to cry out that we want it. Would anyone like to work on a project in the memory of this beautiful child to gather Yiddin in a united plea for the Geula? Perhaps this effort can bring some measure of nechama to the parents and family of this beautiful child a”h.

• Yitzy says:

Does anyone have shiva info?

• Kalman G says:

My sincerest condolences to your family for this tragedy.

• Matz says:

May G-d comfort The family among the rest of the mourners of Zion.