Residents Asked To Be Aware Of Phone Scam

Residents are asked to be aware of an alleged phone scam coming from a individuals claiming to be from an insurance company. Motty Twerski tells TLS residents are receiving phone calls from individuals claiming to be from United Health Care, and are requesting that ‘clients’ confirm their date of birth and other personal information.

Twerski, of Chemed, says he spoke with the company who confirmed that they do not call clients for such information. Sensitive information, says the company, is only requested in writing. TLS-CCP.

**Click here to join over 10,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out TLS's latest Instagram Posts

There are 12 Comments to "Residents Asked To Be Aware Of Phone Scam"

• Anke says:

Tank you for the Inf .

• anon says:

omg. i think i was scammed. they took all the dates of birth of everyone in the family and then told me they’re welcoming me to united healthcare. help!

• Lkwder says:

they called me too..

• cg says:

Yup I got called

• Ron Benvenisti says:

Did you give them socials also?

If so, notify all your debit & credit providers… you still have time, just in case. Do it B4 Shabbos. They know more than you think.

• Flip Side says:

It doesn’t look like it’s a scam, I did some research. UHC uses a third-party company to do some client management and they are required, by HIPPA, to verify the DOB of the customer before they speak with them. UHC hired the company to do it.

I’m not positive, but from what I found it looks like it might be legitimate. I wouldn’t panic just yet.

• anon says:

I’m the one who said i gave them dates of birth. I don’t believe I gave social security #s though. And I didn’t get a phone call- I got a strange looking postcard that said they’re trying to reach me- and I called them.

• jak says:

Flip side: I just called UHC. They do hire a 3rd party to do updates but “only” by mailing a form NOT by phone. They also have their phone # that doesn’t match the one they are calling from.

• ? says:

Never do business on the phone, I always tell whose calling send me something in the mail ~ if they are legitimate its not an issue ,when you speak to someone on the phone you have no idea who is on the other end of the line . Dont let the “you have to act now” take you in . Like I said just do not do any business on the phone PERIOD ……

• John says:

why can’t they trace where the calls are coming from. If you hit * 57 after a suspicius call would that help.

• anonymous says:

I was supposedly doing an interview with united health care on yahoo messenger. Before I gave them information I called huma resources at united health care and asked them if this was usual business practice. They told me it was a scam

• Seattle Guy says:

I just got call myself.

From United Healthcare and they provide an ‘access code’ for me to call back!

I know better!