Advertisements

BREAKING: Lakewood family hospitalized, one unconscious, after CO from vehicle fills home

A family in Lakewood was hospitalized, one in critical condition, after Carbon Monoxide filled their home, Lakewood Police Sergeant Mike Young confirmed to TLS.

Police and EMS rushed to the home approximately 2 PM this afternoon for reports of two people unconscious in the home.

Upon arrival, one of the parties were found unconscious, and EMS initiated CPR. The other had regained consciousness.

Officials tell TLS the Carbon Monoxide apparently came from the exhaust of a vehicle being worked on in the garage.

“At the time, the men had closed the garage door due to the cold weather while the vehicle was inside running,” Lieutenant Greg Staffordsmith said.

CO levels were at approximately 300 PPM, a fire official said.

All parties were transported by Lakewood EMS to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus. Ages ranged from 11 years old to 47.

The incident is under investigation, and the home was boarded up by the Inspection Department, Sergeant Young said.

[TLS-CCP/TLS-CCP/TLS-GS]

-------------

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at general@thelakewoodscoop.com.

Stay up to date via our news alerts, by sending 'follow LakewoodScoop' to the number '40404' or via Twitter handle @LakewoodScoop. Also find us on Instagram and Facebook.

Also join the thousands receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, text or whatsapp us 415-857-2667, or tweet us @LakewoodScoop.

There are 11 Comments to "BREAKING: Lakewood family hospitalized, one unconscious, after CO from vehicle fills home"

Write a Comment

Please read comment rules before submitting your comment.

(required - will not be published)

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Answer the question below to prove you\'re human *