BREAKING: Two dead in fiery Lakewood crash (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

Two people are dead in a fiery accident in Lakewood this evening, officials tell TLS.

Shortly before 9 PM, police received a call about a vehicle that had crashed into the woods on Massachusetts Avenue, just off Cross Street.

Upon arrival, police found the vehicle fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters extinguished the flames, and managed to pull one person out. The patient was hospitalized and pronounced dead at the hospital, officials say.

A short time afterwards, personnel discovered a second body at the scene, sources told TLS.

Sources say the incident may be connected to an earlier robbery and possible shooting on MLK Drive (earlier reported on our news alerts).

According to preliminarily reports, the vehicle may also have been fleeing from Toms River police officers.

An investigation is underway by Lakewood’s Traffic Safety division, and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office.

[TLS-007/TLS-CCP]

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, text or whatsapp us 415-857-2667, or tweet us @LakewoodScoop.

There are 23 Comments to "BREAKING: Two dead in fiery Lakewood crash (VIDEO & PHOTOS)"

• Itchy says:

Bring the cops back to lakewood

• G says:

Expect troopers tomorrow….

• Eli g says:

Rip to the victim even if he was running from police didn’t deserve to die!

• Mo says:

I smell the state troopers already…

• Woodstock says:

Wow! How fast could they have possibly been going? Happy to see that they didn’t take any one else with them. That being said, prayers to all involved and their family and friends also. Sad to hear.

• RebRambo says:

I was thinking the same thing Woodstock. That car is in shambles. God Ya’azor.

• Ny says:

(Moderated) bro that was like my brother why do it gotta be him tho my R.I.P bring bro love u

• No name says:

We sit here thinking our bestfriend,bro,son is gonna come back home but then we get a phone call saying his died in a car accident this isn’t fair to anyone I’m crying thinking about this more and more to much to handle

• No name says:

WE LOVE YOU BABY BOY ???
    Another angel added to our list. This is killing me and it feels so unreal to hear R.I.P in front of your name ?

• Skrap Kapone says:

We need new Lakewood cops !!!!

• No name says:

Its sad that someone so funny and loving was takin rest in peace bro your always gonna have a place in our hearts rest easy

• JW says:

I️ love you so much . I️ can’t believe this ,,, I️ been up crying ever since I️ heard it was you ? please watch over us ??? I️ love you SO much Boy Boy

• skrap says:

Yes, We need new cops because the driver was the one who chose to run and elude. The driver chose to step on the accelerator in a high speed. I know the next reason, he must have been scared as there were unknown flashing lights behind the driver.

No one deserved to die regardless of the choices made to cause this.

• No name says:

It’s so sad that such a young life was cut so short. Rip young king ?? life is so short .. It’s sad how ignorant these comments are , 2 young men lost their lives and the only thing that y’all seem to be worrying about is the state troopers coming back to town ? That’s SELFISH 2 parents have to hurry their kids and yall only care about how yall can ” smell the state troopers ” ? breaks my heart the world we live in .. RIP young kings ?

• Pull over says:

Maybe if they pulled over for the police they would be alive today

• destiny says:

R.I.P Dev. Your flying high and watching over us . Love you

• C.R says:

R.I.P Angel, May You Rest Easy Now, No Worries About Anything. The Smile and Laugh You always had. ???
    Prayers to the Family!! ??
    #CantBelieveIt

• abe says:

so so sad no more speeding as professional as you think you are while driving no speeding.

• John g says:

(moderated) Committed a robbery and then fled police,thank God they didnt take any innocent people with them….(moderated)

• I m so sad ? says:

I cant believe I jus seen you standing outside by the road. After not seeing you in a long time. I remember the fun time we had at my neighbors daughter’s bday party nd your smile nd laugh. It’s a shame you had to die this young nd especially the way you did. People can say all that want bout maybe if the driver woulda stopped well maybe you told him.to stop but, he wouldn’t. Did anyone think of that. People please slow down nd stop because more tragedy can happen. I wanna say sorry to the family nd to a cousin who works wit my daughter. I’ll say prayers for your fam.

• yanke doodle says: