When Snaps, one of Lakewood’s most popular restaurants, Tweeted unimmunized are not welcomed at their establishment during the Measles Outbreak, they didn’t expect an anti-Semitic firestorm.

Since Tweeting the announcement, Snaps says they have been receiving nonstop threats, anti-Semitic comments and more.

“We’ve been receiving hundreds of threatening phone calls, emails Facebook, Instagram comments and private messages- nonstop,” a spokesman for the restaurant said.”We literally couldn’t work.”

Though they say the negative comments about the vaccination don’t bother them, the anti-Semitic comments led them to hire armed security.

“The safety of our customers and employees comes first,” the spokesman said.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, text or whatsapp us 415-857-2667, or tweet us @LakewoodScoop.

There are 28 Comments to "BREAKING: Snaps Restaurant hires armed security after hundreds of anti-Semitic comments in response to vaccination Tweet (PHOTOS)"

• Miss Informed says:

Totally crazy !! I’m on my way to Snaps right now to show them my support and to get some FANTASTIC food !!!!!!

• Mo says:

Kudos to snaps!

• LPD says:

To R Yussi of Snaps
    It is not anti Semites that are threatening you or your store it is anti Vaxxers I know who they are they run a organized campaign to harass and threaten anyone that doesn’t agree with them and says so publicly…

• Menachem says:

I would like to say 2 thing’s.

#1
    We should all go to snaps and buy something to show our support.

#2
    The people who are running this anti vaccine GARBAGE, dosen’t know what’s coming to them.

I am not threatening them, I will explain what I am saying.

First of all, I know for a fact that there are big SHADCHONIM in Lakewood that would never get involved to help your kids with SHIDUCHIM.

Second, we will meet them in court, and once and for all put an end to this GARBAGE.

Seeeeeee you in COURT!!!!!

• Bd says:

Thank you snaps!!! I had to hire a sitter today so that I shouldn’t have to take my baby out to the local store today for fear of being in the vicinity of someone unvaccinated who may be carrying the disease!!! Is that normal??? Keep up the great work!

• Yossi says:

There’s no such thing as bad PR

• Chaya says:

Why aren’t the Lakewood schools denying entry to kids that aren’t vaccinated especially now with the breakout?

• Aw snap says:

I have never actually been to snaps before but I am going to go there tonight and buy something to show my support. Keep it up!

• Givem a break says:

Yussi. Just tell them that they could order on line. They don’t have to get so upset that they are not welcome into snaps.
    Trust me… after having Snaps food they will all mellow. All the klolos will turn into brochos.
    Chazak chazak

• Eli says:

Can we see some proof of the hundreds of anti semetic threats?

• hungry says:

Though I live a distance from Snaps, we will make the trip 1. To show support 2. Because it’s safer due to the armed guards 3. Because there is diminished chances of catching the measles there as the antivaxers won’t go.

• Eliezer Richter says:

I have a great idea & solution for snaps they should hide the vaccines in the chollent,

Then they can rest assure that everybody in there is vaccinated!

• Jim says:

• Abe says:

@menachem.

Your shadchnim threat is laughable. Do the red shuduchim to people smoke? They are injected cancer cells in there bodies daily and risking death leaving over a wife and kids.

• Esty says:

What’s all the rage about the measles??

The mortality rate for flu and measles are at the same 0.1%. Will you stop allowing people without flu shot??

And there’s a much greater chance somebody will step into your store sick with flu than with measles…

Stop the hostility to those who choose not to vaccinate!

• Yitzy says:

Someone who knows they have flu would not walk into a store. People who have Measles can contaminate everyone in the store days before the symptoms appear. That is why non-vaccinated people are not welcome.

Flu is not comparable to Measles because the contamination factor is so completely different.

• Jim says:

I go to snaps alot and I never got measles. Think about it, great food and stay healthy? Doesn’t get any better. Thanks R’ Yossi! Keep it up! We appreciate you.

• Yakov says:

This entire thing started with everybody getting so overwhelmed about the fact that the 18 month old baby in Israel died to measles fascinating to see such sheker This child had down syndrome and heart problems not to mention the parents didn’t call hatzolah until he died at home all I can say is that the sinas chinam here is a lot more dangerous than the unvaccinated children. Not to mention that the first confirmed case of measles in Lakewood was a vaccinated individual. The hatred is beyond words I hope Hashem forgives. Having SHULS PUTTING SIGNS that unvaccinated are not invited I mean seriously !!? No one should go through the pain of watching their child being injured Immediately following vaccination and then the doctor calls it coincidence. Hashem yishmor

• Wondering says:

Yossi
    Quick question
    How do you know all your kitchen workers are vaccinated ?

• Vaxer says:

Snaps is a great place. They should make a tent for the non vaxxers.They also need to eat.

• ruth siegel says:

are you saying that you dont believe them?

• Y says:

Love your fellow Jew and judge him favorably. It is not optional. There’s no room for machlokes. It can cause more harm than the measles. (excluding them from school and other places is understandable but not demonizing them) and yes i vaccinate.

• Over Priced Schnitzel Sandwich says:

Yossi Your Great Fellow But We (Bochurim) Have A Little Problem We Cannot Afford To Spend $12 On A Schnitzel Sandwich or $6 on a 7oz cup of cholent i enjoy the free fountain soda thats very generous of you but we just cant afford a $20 supper or a bochur special thats not a discount You make great food (love double crunch chicken) pls make Good Deals For Us Poor Bochurim

• Sheldon says:

I took my family to Snaps for dinner last night. While we live a bit of a distance, it was important to show our support for a restaurant we truly enjoy. The food was amazing as usual!

• Vaccinated says:

Schools actually DID keep unvaccinated students out.