With the complaints about Verizon cell service and data in Lakewood mounting, TLS reached out to Mayor Ray Coles with reader’s complaints, and to have his office get involved. And he did.

In a letter penned to Verizon, the Mayor asked the company to investigate and upgrade its facilities in town, and keep up with the growth.

See the letter below, being mailed today.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, or Text/Whatsapp 415-857-2667.

There are 10 Comments to "EXCLUSIVE: Lakewood Mayor Ray Coles pens letter to Verizon: Upgrade your service"

• A says:

Can you write a letter to att also

• Eliezer Ordentlich says:

Thanks Mr Mayor!!!! I called them and they “opened a ticket”……. That was the last I heard….

• 4g and proud of it says:

I have a Verizon phone for years now i got married and moved to Lakewood I started to get terrible service, dropped calls and failure to call. I heard That I should switch to 4g not 3g and I bh had the Verizon 4g phone for 6 months and I have gotten great service and bh not got any dropped call, failure to call since. And no I didn’t move I still live in the same place. I recommend switching to a 4g phone. You will be very happy you did. Thank you mr. mayor!

• ROBERT ROMANO says:

FOR ALL THOSE OF YOU THAT DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR PHONES ALL WORK A LOT BETTER IS TRY POWERING OFF YOUR PHONES FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN RESTARTING OR POWER YOUR PHONE UP AGAIN AND THIS WILL REGENERATE YOUR PHONE’S CAPABILITIES WITH THE CELL TOWERS….. THIS ALWAYS WORKS BEST….. AND ALSO TRY DIALING *228 (STAR 228) (ASTERISK 228) AND PUSH SEND AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS ON THE SCREEN…..

• Hal says:

I have Verizon for my home and the service has been terrible. I opened up a ticket as well but never heard from them.Thank you very much Mayor for getting involved! I hope they will upgrade the service soon

• Moshe says:

did anyone notice the address that he sent the letter to some random Verizon store in middle of New Jersey not even a corporate office of Verizon

• Sensible says:

I don’t think anyone reads comments written in all caps

• Alex Pamon says:

Does either Sprint or TMobile have good coverage in Lakewood for Data/HD voice?
    I would assume their towers are less congested in Lakewood then Verizon and AT&T.

• T r says:

Why are you so worried about the phone service. Why don’t you worry about the kids that need extra helping why are you taking away funding. Let’s worry about our kids before we worry about phone service