VIDEOS: Musical Slichos in Lakewood this evening

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, or Text/Whatsapp 415-857-2667.

There are 16 Comments to "VIDEOS: Musical Slichos in Lakewood this evening"

• Lb Boy says:

I’m not trying to be too religious, but something seems a bit wrong with this…..

• Amazing says:

Wow. Beautiful. I, for one, get very nisragesh from a hartzigeh noggin. I went several times to Yehuda Green selichos and loved it. But by Yehuda, the Chazzan doesn’t also play guitar. I really feel it should be another mispalel. I’m also not sure why these guys have a drummer.

• A yid says:

What a shame. whoever thought Lakewood was going to have something like this

• observer says:

Music at Selichos is an oxymoron. Selichos is meant to be somber and serious. At Kinus too were it not forbidden? Certainly not with guitar played by the chazzan!

• Chaim Yankel says:

Hashem loves his children. ALL of them. Always remember that. We should love them all to.

• me,myself&i says:

Hashem loves all His children and we should too. But that doesn’t mean His children are free to do whatever they want. It just means that even when we do something Hashem doesn’t approve of, He still loves us.
      That doesn’t mean I am totally against this kind of slichos. It is not for me and it certainly marks another change in Lakewood lifestyle, but maybe some people need this. It’s for Hashem to judge.

• Schmerel says:

Twenty fives years ago my blood would have boiled at a thing like this taking place in Lakewood.

Today I think it is wonderful.

I personally would never attend such an event nor do I think it is appropriate place for most people. But for the people who were there that came to dance and emotionally express their connection to Hashem, Shelicos and doing Teshuva I think it is absolutely wonderful. And it is wonderful that they have a place to do it.

• Oy says:

That’s selichos?
    Oy…
    Looks like a midnight concert..

• monroe yid says:

sure its amazing, I thing they should serve pizza too, and bring a juggler for the kids

• anon says:

This is a beautiful event for those that benefitted!!!
    For those with the negative comments please have a little more concentration by your selichos tonight and remember Loshon Horah is a serious sin.

please fix the traffic, for those that cause the traffic please use the month of ELul for a seriuos Din Vecheshbon for the agmas nefesh you cause to so many people!!!

• smith says:

where was this slichos

• Chaim says:

This selichos took place at River 978/ Estrea ballroom.

May we all do serious teshuva now at this time of the year and beg Hashem forgiveness wholeheartedly and for a year of health and happiness ahead for everyone with the coming of mashiach very soon

• bob says: