Statement on Forged Memos Ostensibly From Agudath Israel

Please be advised that a number of fake legislative memos have been sent out in the name of Agudath Israel, some even on what appears to be its letterhead.

Some of these fraudulent documents have been sent to the media, others to legislators, and still others have been posted in public areas.

These memos are COMPLETE FORGERIES and Agudath Israel disavows any association with them. Any authentic public communication sent from Agudath Israel will always have the name and contact of a staff member for easy authentication. They will also be posted on our website, Agudah.org, and on Twitter @AgudahNews.

Should there be a question about authenticity of a document or statement that purports to come from Agudath Israel, please, as always, contact Agudah’s Media Affairs Department for verification.

Any misuse of the Agudah name is illegal, and, of course, contrary to Halacha.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

There are 9 Comments to "Statement on Forged Memos Ostensibly From Agudath Israel"

• reader says:

Is this true news about fake news?!

• Althe Bucher says:

They might show which letters they are referring to, or maybe that would just make too much sense.

Alteh Bucher

• mommy sews alot says:

any credibility that the authors of this forgery might have had for their agenda has now been completely destroyed. What they have accomplished is to open the frum community to more problems with our neighbors. And, their message might also backfire and actually cause pressure to mandate gardisil, which as of now is not mandated for school attendance.

• A vaxer says:

Just wondering where is the proper stationary with contact information on this ‘letter’ from Agudah?

• J says:

@mommy sews I am as pro-vax as a person can be, but gardasil should not be required to be given at any age — especially
    now that they started advertising it towards young boys too. That is just a bridge too far for me and that vaccine does have some really bad documented side effects for a non-herd immunity necessary vaccine.

I agree with “J says:”
    I do not believe the HPV (Gardasil) vaccine should be given. It is unnecessary and dangerous.
    I would also like to add that Senator Weinberg has sponsored a new bill (NJ) that would allow 14 year old children to get vaccinated WITHOUT THE CONSENT of their parents.

• mommy sews alot says:

J you misunderstood my post. Gardasil is just about the ONLY vaccine that I DID NOT give my children. But these fraudulent posters might just put pressure on legislatures to mandate it for middle school admission.
    I am old enough to have had schoolmates who contracted polio before the vaccine was developed. I also know someone who was unable to have children because of the mumps. Nearly 40 years ago a world renowned Rav/physician stated at a medical conference that I attended that cervical cancer is not a risk factor in the frum community.

• Shalom says:

I think this is a setup by some pro vaxer. Isn’t it ironic that this came out a day after the bill in NJ was pulled?
    The so called “anti vaxers” are truthful people following the torah and truth. These seems fishy.