Hagaon Rav Chaim: Those who do not obey coronavirus warnings are like a Rodef

See the questions and answers posed to the Rov.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, or Text/Whatsapp 415-857-2667.

There are 15 Comments to "Hagaon Rav Chaim: Those who do not obey coronavirus warnings are like a Rodef"

• A says:

Those psakim were for bnai brak.

• BigAl says:

To “A”

These Psokim are specifically aimed at people like you!

• Monsey Resident says:

And in what way do you think we are different from beni barak?

• difference says:

Difference is that in Eretz Yisroel, everyone is Yiddish, whereas in America rov (most) are not. Halachic difference…

• United yidden says:

Let’s not point fingers at other people let’s feel united as cllall Yisroel and whatever city we are let’s keep it let’s feel almost like one body as we are even if we feel anxious let’s support each other’s concern

• Yosef S says:

The Godol Hdor speaks to “Klall Yisroel” Bkol Mokom Sheim

• Straitalk says:

The Lakewood Scoop is doing its best to spread all these important messages around. However, there is a large segment of the frum community who do not have access to this vital information, i.e. no internet. I personally know of a few families who have the virus and go shopping (without a mask). They simply do not know!
    We need mailings to go to each house in Lakewood to inform them.

• A says:

Btw I haven’t davened with a minyan since they said not to. So feel free to apologize. I just like real stuff not fake news. Report that he said in bnai brak and we should do the same. I don’t leave house except for necessities with mask and gloves. I follow all that cdc says.

I’ll be honest I may not understand everything but I’m listening

• Shlemiel says:

@straitalk The cdc says one does not need to wear a mask unless they are sick, and r Chaim didn’t mention anything about masks. so before you judge those families who are probably sanitizing you might want to check your facts

• Straitalk says:

Shlemiel, I know this may be difficult to figure out, but when I wrote “who have the virus” I meant they are sick (to which you agree is within the CDC guidelines to wear a mask).

• libi mizrachi says:

the psakim that are for Bnei Brak are specifically marked as such

these psakim are universal and are based on the Torah which the Rav knows – that’s why he is the one who is being asked

• Rochel A says:

Is there a picture somewhere of these teshuvos written in R’ Chaim’s handwriting?

• Bludman says:

A person who has corona and is not quarantined?

• Bludman says:

A person who has corona and is not quarantined goes shopping?