Ocean County Deputy Fire Marshall John Pasola who earlier this year made hateful comments against the Lakewood community, has issued an apology.

Read the apology letter below.

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, or Text/Whatsapp 415-857-2667.

There are 18 Comments to "Ocean County Deputy Fire Marshall John Pasola issues apology for hateful comments against Lakewood"

• Dovid says:

I’m impressed!

• Anonymaam says:

Unimpressed

• TheConsultant says:

What were the comments?

• Thinking Jew says:

I got caught. Therefore I have to issue a faux apology.
    End of story.

• Don says:

What happened all of a sudden that he’s apologizing so many months later ?

• lakewoodKid says:

Notice how he says “that were posted…”, just come out and say i did it and im wrong

• Boruch T. says:

Thank you for your apology.

• Get over it says:

I am so sick & tired of people saying whatever they want & then issuing “apologies.” The apologies are obviously insincere & were made under some kind of pressure. This is happening way too often lately & I, for one, do not accept these fake apologies.

• john says:

perhaps this would be sufficient if he made a slip of the tongue. doesn’t’ come close for the vulgar and hateful things he has said

• SCHI employee says:

John always was a mentch when he did his inspections.
    Apologies accepted.
    Time to move on.

you write that you worked with our community for many years,you still had and have hate in you for posting those posts. All to be one of your guys.Apologies NOT accepted

• Yechiel says:

He composed a nice letter here. But he said some terrible things about Lakewood residents, referring to us as “trash” and “dirty ones”. You can google “Ocean Country Deputy Fire Marshal John Pasola” and easily find out some of what he wrote. What matters most is going forward, how he expresses himself to others and his interactions. Hopefully this letter is the first real step to a behavioral change.

• Wow says:

I was ready to accept the apology, which makes him better than most who make hateful comments. Then I looked at what he wrote. The national guard should be deployed on Lakewood residents . Calling us “dirty ones” and “trash” and “filth”. Wishing a hole would open up so lakewood could be swallowed by the earth.

I don’t really think any apology will do, because the comments were so extreme and there were multiple. Due to the prevalence of these online comments when I’m in a place like target or stop and shop I always wonder if my cashier or the lady next to me is one of those posters. I am scared to live amongst these people galus .

• newcomer says:

i am sick and tired of these so called apologies. he has worked among people who say thank you, who never commit crimes, who appreciate what the town of lakewood does for its citizens. to be stationed in or near lakewood should be a plum job because most of lakewood’s residents are law abiding. i wonder what expriences mr. pasola has had with us to make him so hateful in the first place. can it be that my perception of the citizens in lakewood is wrong? maybe there lies a bit of responsibility within ourselves

• Think deeper says:

“the comments posted”
    He doesn’t take responsibility for it at all, he talks in the third person, as thought they were posted on their own. But then ‘I’ did this and ‘I’ am doing that. He suddenly makes a miraculous reappearance.

• Steven Mitchell Einhorn says:

Why wasn’t he Fired?

• Reality Check says:

To SCHI employee- Don’t forget that the Germans were uber mentchen and had impeccable manners too. That certainly didn’t prevent them from hating us either. Being a “mentch” to your face doesn’t mean a thing.

• Avi says: