Hundreds of Teachers, First Responders Protest Vaccine Mandate in Trenton

Hundreds of school teachers and first responders converged on Trenton Monday to protest the Covid-19 vaccine mandate imposed on teachers by Governor Phil Murphy.

Many of the protest participants noted that they are not necessarily opposed to the vaccine, but rather are opposed to teachers being forced to take it, rather than making a personal choice with their healthcare provider over whether to take it.

“This isn’t about vaccines, per se. It’s about freedom,” a Lakewood private school teacher told TLS. “My job should not be dependent on the political whims of an elected official. To me, that’s tyranny.”

Governor Murphy imposed a mandate on all childcare and healthcare workers to receive a Covid-19 vaccine by Monday, or lose their ability to continue in their jobs.

**Click here to join over 10,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out TLS's latest Instagram Posts

There are 7 Comments to "Hundreds of Teachers, First Responders Protest Vaccine Mandate in Trenton"

• Just too bad says:

While claiming that it should be a matter of personal choice, these people should also protest against speed limits, seat belts, building codes, food safety regulations, and all laws prohibiting drug usage. After all, it’s their bodies, and should be their choices.
    Something tells me that claiming “my money – my choice” in regard to taxes wouldn’t work too well.

Now, as far as that perceived right of having a personal choice to vaccinate or not to, with perfectly legal public health mandates in place, the protesters remain fully entitled to pursue another great American freedom – the one of finding a different means of making a living.

• A Frum Lakewood Physician says:

You struck the nail on the head. While antivaxxers are ignorant at best, I don’t need government protecting me from myself. They have no right telling me I can’t engage in stupidities like using drugs, not wearing a seatbelt, what food someone can sell me or how to build my house. (Speed limits are different).

But making me inject a chemical into my body is a whole new level. True, I can choose not to work, but I poured my whole life into being a physician. Taking away my freedom to earn a living is almost as bad as incarcerating me. And should only be allowed with a fair trial.

• Avi s says:

I’m so happy he imposed these mandates at the most perfect time, so people can wake up and see that if he’s re-elected, the worst is yet to come! Hang on NJ!

Reb Chaim has already said that if a teacher does not want to get vaccinated they should not be allowed to teach.

• old lakewooder says:

He did not. you are all the way over in the US and you do not know what is going on. you cannot trust any news sites anymore, they are censured. you need to find out info first hand, pick up a phone and call Israel. there are plenty of Rabbeim in Israel that are not vaccinated and they, their families and the students are doing fine.

• A Frum Lakewood Physician says:

That’s Reb Chaim’s psak. Father O’Malley at Donovan Catholic school may hold otherwise. I should be allowed to follow Reb Chaim, the Catholics should be allowed to follow Father O’Malley. It’s the school’s decision, not the governments.

And lest you think it’s to protect children and patients, I have a secretary at the hospital I practice at who works for me from her home, completely online, from another state. If this law goes through, she’ll have to leave this job, even though there’s no chance she’ll ever come into the hospital in person

• A Frum Lakewood Physician says: