Study: New Jersey Is One of the Happiest States in the US

You probably wouldn’t know it by peering at the faces of drivers stuck in traffic on Route 9, but New Jersey is actually considered to be one of the happiest states in America. So stop the pouting, you’re really happy!

According to a ranking by Wallethub, a personal finance website, New Jersey ranks as the 9th-happiest state in the Union, based on a cumulative score of 31 metrics across 3 dimensions – Emotional & Physical Wellbeing, Work Environment, and Community & Environment.

Overall, New Jersey received a total score of 61.93 out of 100 possible points. It ranked #1 in Emotional & Physical Wellbeing,#39 in Work Environment, #22 in Community & Environment.

The happiest state in America, according to the ranking, is Utah, and the least happy state is West Virginia. Guess mining for coal sparks electricity, but not that much joy.

New Jersey’s neighboring states didn’t fare as well as the Garden State. New York came in at the #18 spot, Connecticut at #11, Delaware was ranked #26, and Pennsylvania was ranked the #24 happiest state.

**Click here to join over 10,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out TLS's latest Instagram Posts

There are 7 Comments to "Study: New Jersey Is One of the Happiest States in the US"

• cool masmid says:

A great shout-out to all the wine and liquor stores here in Lakewood selling the best booze on earth… I’m sure that had a lot to do with this new study I’m sure….

• Coffee Room Hocker says:

Avadei! Pekudei Hashem Yesharim Mesamchei Leiv! Raboisai let’s tantz!

• Unhappy Fellow says:

I was extremely happy to read this information provided by WalletHub, until I went to the WalletHub website and checked out my credit score, then I became extremely sad. Should I move to Utah?

• ready for this says:

They must have interviewed the Jersey residents that moved out of State

• High says:

Cuz everyone is high on the legal marijuana

• Rivka M says:

They say that when you don’t appreciate something you lose it. I moved here 3 years ago. It’s so lush and green. I can breathe better. We have beautiful lakes and parks. The parkway is 5 lanes, not 2-3. We have 4 beautiful seasons. We are near the beach. I live in a nearly all Jewish town on top of that. I’m close to NYC. NJ is a gem I hope no one discovers. I love it here. No matter where you go, you will have traffic and deal with taxes. The people here are also Wonderful. Maybe we should could our blessings, not our troubles.