DASHCAM VIDEO: Sakanas Nefashos

Drivers: The law requires you to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.

Pedestrians: Don’t expect vehicles to stop.

(Thanks @personalization_center)

**Click here to join over 10,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out TLS's latest Instagram Posts

There are 17 Comments to "DASHCAM VIDEO: Sakanas Nefashos"

• Pineyid says:

The way this problem and all driving issues can be resolved, is when Lakewood police department start writing tickets for all of these type of reckless driving. When they do Lakewood will become a very safe place to drive

• Simcha says:

Why don’t you post a more clearer picture so everybody can see the license plate number?
    It would serve him right.

• Use Brains says:

Crossing the 9 like that is beyond crazy. Sorry. Are bochurim should no better. It always bothers me when I am in that part of town.

• Tzippy says:

A much better idea would be to have the police ticket those who walk across the street without careful looking for cars, with extra charges for being on their phones. It is the equal responsibility of the pedestrian to cross safely. In addition, a bright reflector in the evening and the night is a MUST. Let’s ALL do our part to make it a safer Lakewood.

• Avraham says:

Is this video on fast forward? It looks like he is driving 50 mph.

• My 3 cents says:

I don’t think people should cross Madison Ave. where there is no light and expect that cars should stop for them. It is a state highway after all. Traffic is bad enough that cars should only have to stop at lights and not for every person that crosses.

• zman says:

The law also states you are supposed to cross at the designated area and there were 3 jay walkers (same number as people in the crosswalks) in that video as well who could have been written tickets. Blame the drivers all you want, but until pedestrians obey the law as well nothing will get any better.

• Brooklyn interloper says:

The law requires driver’s to yield for pedestrians in the crosswalk and out of the crosswalks as well.
    To. Brains. Our bachurim should know better. Don’t you think?
    A joyous Hanukkah season to all.

• Double Crosser says:

A friend of mine recently refused to stop for me when I was crossing a crosswalk. When I asked him why he refused to stop, he gave me a cunning smile and told me, “Moral of the story: Never trust a friend, one day your friend might cross you.”

• negel Vaser says:

One reason that I hesitate to stop for pedestrians, is that cars GO RIGHT AROUND ME ON THE RIGHT, endangering the pedestrians who think I stopped for them, and ergo, it is safe to cross.

• Avraham says:

This exact scenario happened with me a few times.
      I stop for people trying to cross and then the car on the right side just keeps on going and also in one lane it happened that someone passed me on the right not realizing that I stopped for someone..

• lakewood driver says:

another problem is that HaShem took nevuah away from klal yisroel many, many years ago so pedestrians as well as drivers cannot figure out which way to go because other drivers do not let them in on the secret. in this town, the rule seems to be that everyone is out for him/herself and no one else matters

• Avraham says:

I thought of a good idea.
      People that are trying to cross the street, they need to carry a large sign that reads, “Silly Goose, I happen to be your child, so please hang up the phone and slow down.”.

• Tzippy says:

Crossing the road is an extremely dangerous sport. Why wouldn’t you want to do your part in making it as safe as possible? And wearing a reflector is not optional!!!

• Mordekhai says:

These people are crossing street without crosswalk is not too smart !!!

• A walker says:

As a minority in town I do walk. And it is boggling how drivers will literally swerve around me in an intersection! There is zero decency to the walkers! (Forget the safety)