TRAGEDY IN TOMS RIVER: Young Girl Niftar in Car Accident [LEVAYA INFO]

A nine-year-old girl was tragically Niftar following a car accident in Toms River this morning.

The single-vehicle accident happened shortly after 9:00 AM at North Bay and Whitty Road when the vehicle slid off the road and struck a tree. All occupants were seatbelted, police say.

Toms River EMS and Hatzolah of Central Jersey responded to the scene.

Leah Gross A”H bas R’ Levi Yitzchok and Baila of Lakewood was transported to Community Medical Center where she was pronounced.

Levaya details will be published when confirmed.

Baruch Dayan Ha’emes.

UPDATE: The Levaya is scheduled to take place at 5:30 PM at the Lutzk Shul, 520 New Egypt Road, followed by a Levaya at the Belz Shtiebel, 44 Grove Springs. Kevurah taking place in Lakewood.

[Note: Family was notified prior to the publishing of this story]

**Click here to join over 10,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

Got a news tip? Email us at newstips@thelakewoodscoop.com, Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out TLS's latest Instagram Posts

There are 17 Comments to "TRAGEDY IN TOMS RIVER: Young Girl Niftar in Car Accident [LEVAYA INFO]"

• Da says:

We’re better together. Let’s be mekabel something as a town. Something small that is doable. Together we can bring mashiach BezH

• Crying says:

I will bli Neder be more careful with the way I drive l’ilui nishmas this young girl. May her family have a Nechama. Umacha Hashem Dimah Mei Al Kol Ponim.

• Menschen says:

My heart is broken!!
    It’s a real tragedy!
    Keep posted regarding the Levaya

• mayo says:

Toms River is Lakewood when a tragedy like this happens. I live in Monsey and having a nine year old girl myself I cried from this post. I’m not saying the title of the post should be changed, it just made me feel that when a tragedy like this happens, when a young innocent pure nishama is snatched away from us in a moments time like this, we must all feel the pain. Toms river, Lakewood, Klal Yisroel.

• Hashem Yerachem! says:

I will bli neder not text while the car is driving leiylu nishmasah. Hashem should be menachem the family and may klal yisroel not know of any more tzaros!!!!

• So sad! says:

Bde! 😭😭😭😭
    Hows the driver? Did he get badly injured by the impact?

• horrible says:

may her neshama have an aliya.

• Moses says:

This is sad and tragic ending no matter who this happens too. I pray she was wearing a seat belt as I see so many children in vehicles that DO NOT wear a seat belt. Prayers for the family!

• Barry says:

Baruch Dayan Ha’emes. I am mekabel to not post things on my WhatsApp status that are not 100% Tznius (such as news clips, jokes etc. which often are less than 100% kosher), so not to be machshil others in seeing things they shouldn’t see.

• jaxonite says:

BD”E. The picture of the school knapsack is beyond painful to look at.

This is obviously a Gezeira Min Hashamayim. The mother apparently didn’t notice the stop sign at the intersection until the last moment, but could have driven straight between the two trees on the other side. Instead, the van hit the tree on the right head on. Also all occupants were seat belted.

No words. Only tears.

May Hashem send the family a Nechama commensurate with the Tsa’ar they’re going through right now.

• Alex says:

BD”E NO WORDS

Would you know of telephone number to call in for levaya?

• Treasure says:

Please list the other names for Tehillim.

• Alex says:

BD”E
    Is there a phone number to call in for levaya?

• broken says:

I will also bli neder work on not texting and driving. I will try to have in mind the Mitzvah of Shemiras Haguf to make this a bigger Mitzvah.

• Nat says:

“I will not text while driving leiluy mishmash”
    If you text while driving (or even read a text while driving) you are a murderer!!

The pasuk for the name Leah is :L’Hashem hayeshuah al amcha birchasecha selah” May the name of Leah always be alive and may the family see the yeshuah of Hashem and feel his berachah always.